woensdag 3 april 2013

Creepy crawlies - project

I finally made something from my creepy crawlies fabric,which I had printed at Spoonflower a while back. I was inspired by this tutorial for a kid's coloring book and crayons tutorial at 'Crazy Little Projects'. I just made a few adaptations, to fit the amount of fabric and my personal taste. I started with a large rectangle of 13" x 20 3/4", instead of the 14 1/2" x 22 1/2" in the tutorial, simply because I had to make do with the one fat quarter of printed fabric I had. As you can see on the pictures, I also changed the colors and sizes of the inside pockets, for the same reason.

Inside the carrier: 12 colored markers, and room for some more, two pencils, a rubber, some stickers, scissors and of course paper, or a coloring book.

I also included subdivisions in the shallow pocket on the coloring book side, so that I have separate pockets for scissors, stickers, rubber, pencils, and what not. And finally, I made a closure with a button (button still has to be attached, but the strap for it is already there) instead of Velcro.

Outside, ready to carry into the world. You can see the strap, and imagine the button I am going to attach to keep the carrier closed and neat.

Less visibly I also simplified the way I sewed the pockets onto the lining fabric, maybe one day I make a photo tutorial to show you my slightly adapted version of this 'crazy little project'. I had fun making it, it took just over an hour, and that's including digging for my scraps of fabric and taking along time deciding which fabric should go where. I hope my kids like the end result, but I'll have to wait to find out, because they are staying at their grandparent's this week, for the Easter holidays.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten