donderdag 13 maart 2014

Illustration Friday - Spark : will you swap with me?

I made this piece for the Illustration Friday topic of the week: spark. I decided to combine my love for drawing and sewing for the first time, and had a lot of fun with it. This is the final result:

Spark (25 x 18 cm, 10 x 7and1/2 inches)

Our new wood stove was my source of inspiration. It has sparks in it, literally, but it also adds a spark to our renovated living room. My husband pointed out that the floor and wall patterns look more like our old floor and wall paper. Maybe I'm secretly missing the comfort of my old living room.

I started with a simple sketch and then made of free form collage with scraps of fabric and machine embroidery, based on that.

The swap-proposition:


Because I liked making this piece, but have no idea what to do with it now, I came up with a fun idea... here it comes. If you like this piece and would like to have it sent to you, you can leave a comment below telling me why you like it and what you'll swap it for. The illustration is 10 by 7 and 1/2 inches (25cm by 18cm), but I will cut the background fabric to 12 by 8 and 1/2 (30cm by 21cm), so you can do anything with it: frame it, incorporate it in a quilt or cushion, or whatever you like. It's machine washable, but quite stiff because of all the layers of fabric and embroidery. I'm interested in your illustration, or some fabric scraps. If you can add a link to your offer, I can pick (if anyone is interested that is) my favorite. We then exchange snail mail addresses via mail and send our packets.

This version is cropped differently, and photo-shopped to look warmer. What do you think?

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten