maandag 21 maart 2016

The Splendid Sampler™ 10 - Iowa

Another Splendid Sampler™ block finished.
Minimal trimming was necessary, but I did unpick one seam 3 times, because the point didn't come out right!

Iowa, finished. (it should be upside down, but I'm too busy lazy to turn the picture around.)

I made some tiny HST with the off-cuts, and immediately joined them into tiny two inch pinwheels! I'll think of something to do with them.
I had a very busy work week last week, and a sick child in the weekend, but I still managed to finish this block. I think that is what I like about this whole project: it comes in bite size portions. I would never buy a pattern for a 100 block sampler. It would just be an insurmountable task to finish something like that. But the fact that I get just two blocks a week makes it doable. And the fact that it is just one block makes it easier to start sewing. It kind of takes the pressure off. It would be very hard to commit to making a quilt that I know would take me hundreds of hours to finish in one go, but doing it like this is fun!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten