zaterdag 2 juli 2016

An extra block and tea for two tea cup pouches.

I made this block a while back. It's a trial run for the Ticker Tape quilt in Sunday Morning Quilt by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkinson. I made it 6" x 6" so it can go in my Splendid Sampler quilt.

An extra Splendid Sampler block.
 I also had fun making something I saw popping up on Pinterest: tea cup pouches. You can get the pattern here. I have to admit that I found $12 a bit steep for a pattern which is basically just a zippered pouch in a different shape. I really like the style of many of the Patchwork Pottery patterns by Larraine Yuyama, but I think I'll wait for her to publish a book, instead of just buying separate patterns.

Two tea cup pouches, on the left is my prototype, on the right the tweaked version.
 So I drafted my own version. The first one was a bit too narrow for my liking, so I made a wider, more shallow version the second time round.

This one was made for my oma's 90th birthday.
 They were fun and quick to make, and my aunt Tina and oma were very pleased with their little gifts.

A peak at the lining.
 I bought a whole load of tiny zippers in assorted colors, and some trims, so I can make a few more whenever I feel like (providing I will still know where those zippers are when and if I decide to make another one!).

I like how the lining has the pink tone, which is not present on the outside.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten